People remind Google when there is a query and for the same responsibility, Google is always conscious to provide the users more specific information so that the users are not to haunt for another search. Google knowledge graph has been implemented for the same purpose and now Google itself is enough to respond for a query. Basically it is a knowledge base algorithm that is engaged of gather information from different trustworthy archives namely Wikipedia, Freebase and CIA World Factbook. According to the data released on 2012 the semantic network of knowledge graph contained around 570 million objects and more than 18 billion facts about relationships between different objects. On December 16th when Freebase has announced to close the archive, the data will be transferred to Wikipedia.
On the other hand Knowledge vault is the up dated version that is engaged of mixing both high priority results and low priority results. It is the matter of accumulation of facts.
Features of Knowledge Graph: – There are many features of knowledge graph that have made possible an easier search. You must have a look on the following and it will be clearer.
- Complete Scenario of Your Search: – If you have entered the search keyword like “Popular places of USA”, Google will explore more information with picture references and relevant objects that will make the search more deep and resourceful. You just need to write Einstein and nothing else, Google knowledge graph will be there with an instant archive of information on the very right side of the page at a glance.
- Choose Your Right Option: – If you have entered the term “City” then there will be a lot of references like what you are searching for. The references may be “city beach”, “city rail” or “city link”. This will be a faster process to choose your selected one.
- Discover More about Knowledge Graph: – The team members of Google knowledge graph have launched their aspects and experience through which we may know more about knowledge graph.
Google Knowledge Graph and SERP: – After the implementation of Knowledge graph on 16th May, 2012 Google has become smarter and more intelligent. The search marketers have found a new process that is KGO or Knowledge graph optimization.
Google has the tendency to provide the specific search result in the quickest possible time. So, to survive in SERP you as a search marketer must make some strategies to provide users precisely what they should deserve. So, it is very clear that after this update of Google there is the necessity of optimizing of your web presence to be connected with knowledge graph.
The Operational Strategies of Knowledge Graph: – Now it is the time to discuss about the basic strategies and several algorithm features.
- Specialized Indexation: – Knowledge graph has been structured to detect almost everything like noun, persons and object. These things are technically known as “entity” and this process of detection is popularly known as “entity recognition”. So, it is evident that “entity recognition” or the powers of entities are the key parts of knowledge graph optimization.
- Semantic Feature: – A semantic search means more accurate and specific result. On the basis of such feature Google is now able to determine and refine searches considering various data points like word variation, location, synonyms, IP location and natural languages.
- User Behavior: – Google has well understood the user’s behavior. If anyone search for “what is knowledge graph?” the first preference will be the Wikipedia. Google graph has the knowledge that most of the users prefer Wikipedia for queries. So, that is the specialty of knowledge graph.
Measures to Be Taken By the Search Marketers: – Now, after knowing all the basic and utmost functions of Google knowledge graph, it is quite clear that there must be some optimization to grab the attention of knowledge graph. Here are the essential steps.
- Content Marketing Using Entity Keywords: – The knowledge graph is an entity recognition system. So, you have to consider your keywords as entities. The particular entity should be related to other millions of objects so that Google knowledge graph can easily connect pages on your site for search queries.
- Usages of Schema Mark Ups: – Schema mark up is an effective way to grab the attention of Google knowledge graph. You must use the same wherever it is applicable. Mark up options are available on many entities of your site and knowledge graph is highly dependent upon such mark ups to produce results.
You can produce many schema data on your site and it is not mandatory for knowledge graph to recognize all of them, but there will be still some output. Try schema.org to find varieties of schema mark ups that will produce better knowledge graph results.
- Optimization of Google+ pages: – If you will have an optimized Google+ page, there will be a better impact on knowledge graph optimization. Knowledge graph derives most of the information from Google+. If you are searching for a restaurant in Miami, knowledge graph will take the references from Google+ which the leading eating places are in Miami. Not only for the names, Google+ allows listing of address, hours of operation, menu and other detailed information that knowledge graph should get the information.
- Customer reviews: – Knowledge graph results always stress more importance on customer’s reviews. If you have a business and have many satisfactory reviews then you will surely be appreciated by knowledge graph. As a search marketer you must invite you existing customers to place some detailed reviews of your product or service.
- Help Wikipedia and Google: – Hence, there is no direct impact of helping these both, but if you providing resources to Wiki that means you are enriching the archive of Knowledge graph. So, there may be an indirect impact of the same. In case of Google you place your feedbacks and the same will help Google to determine the quality of the search results. The feedback terms may be “useful”, “not useful” or “awesome”. There will be a pop-up asking your responses. However this will not a part of KGO, but if you can help improve Google’s search results then why not?
- Direct answers: – If you have valuable resources and a desire to get a better place on SERP, the information should be placed above the fold or at the beginning of the paragraph. There are no basic guidelines of such placements, but we have experienced the same. There is no doubt that on the web, precise and accurate information is always appreciated. So, if your site is legit on the web and your content is highly authentic, there is a high chance of getting privileges from Google knowledge graph.
Conclusion: – So these are all about knowledge graph, knowledge vault and the new strategies to survive in the search world. This article will be more compact with your valuable opinions. So, do not forget to leave your comments. Offer a chance to your friends and followers to opine for the article by sharing the post to your social circles.