Emojis, the term has come from Japan and the meaning of the same is ideogram or pictograph. To make the title tags more attractive and better impressive now the webmasters are using small images or icons. Here, I have placed the instance from Expedia and wordpress and the same practice is being tried by others to increase CTR and attract more and more traffic.
If you are using word press you have definitely tried this. The possible methods may be either copy and paste or notation of the Unicode of the respective Emojis. Here I am to inform if you are using the advanced version of WordPress SEO by Yoast, then you can enjoy the in-built features of Emojis support for title tags and Meta descriptions. Here are the instructions to use Emojis on the WordPress based sites having the Yoast SEO plug-in.
Once you have got your Emojis, you have to search for the code .i.e.” Decimal HTML entity” or “Hexadecimal HTML entity”. Now be ready to copy the code.
There are different codes available for the listed Emojis and you may be bewildered which one to choose among Softbank, Dokomo, Unified Unicode, KDDI or Google. According to a stat based on a practical test that among all of the above codes, Unified Unicode has been proved efficient as it is based on iOS5+ devices. So, it will be better to choose Unified code so that Google can easily index and display the Emojis. These Emojis are well checked in Android and Smart phones also.
Some common measures to structure Emojis
- If a user has not the Emojis feature on the device, there will be no any sign of display except a rectangular plot.
- There is no any option to make a preview and this is the reason that each and every step should be taken carefully.
- It has been tested that both Unified Unicode and Google code do not possess the features of preview.
- In most of the cases Emojis are not placed on the desktop screen, but the same is available on mobile screen. Is this not strange? There will be a rectangular plot and the respective browser cannot encode the Emojis code.
- Whenever you are going to fetch profile data to Expedia or wordpress, there will be different view. In the source code of Expedia there will be the instance of the image whereas WordPress will only show the code.
- Emojis also need character space and in that case you have to frame the title tags shorter than the normal size. Practically there is a need of at least 9 characters and a space to place the Emojis. There is no clear evidence how Google treats Emojis, but it is certain that the insertion depends upon the width and not on the characters.
- The developers should make an eye on the SERP because if Google decides not to place the Emojis with the title tag, there may be the appearance of the source code and that is Unified Unicode or Google code.
So, these are all about the implementation of Emojis. This is the new trend to make a title tag more attractive. Your comment is far valuable to make this article more resourceful. So do not for forget to leave your opinion. Offer a chance to your friends and followers to opine for the article by sharing the post to your social circles.