Tracking of Organic Conversions using Google Analytics Goals
There are several tracking channel of SEO, but Google analytics is the easier one for the small business. It can provide you all the necessary information that you deserve to evaluate your business. Among most of the tracking I have structured this article for the conversions. To know the path and times that a visitor has reached on your page and the approximate time that has been spent on the respective page. To start the campaign you have to be assured first that Google analytics has been installed properly on your site. Now you should follow the strategies below:-
1. Evaluation of Thank You Page
There was a time when this was the only page where the calculation of the conversion was made. The tactics was to use a specific page for purchase or response and another was to set up a newsletter with welcome note.
At present you can use AJAX to evaluate the conversions. Using AJAX there will be several download links that are generated dynamically will help you find the conversions rate. Before starting the discussion of the advanced theory of Google analytics, you must know the earlier tactics of such campaign.
- Only possible after a action was taken
- There was embedded navigation
- Users were not able to bookmark content and they had to return again.
2. Analytics Goal Setting
To set a goal and before evaluating goal reports, you have to first access to your Google analytics account.
- Log-in to your GA account and click on edit.
- A site’s detail will be provided and now you have to click on “add goal”
- Now it is the time to analyze the goal’s detail.
As above mentioned in the snap, there are several goal fields you have choose for commanding or setting a goal.
- URL Destination: – Through this you can track the URL destination along with time on site and the visited pages.
- Match Type: – As you are using a static page, you have to select the option “Exact Match”. The other options are applicable to dynamic pages.
- Goals Value: – If you are using a single product on your business than it will be easier to set a goal value, but if you have multiple products what you should do. It generally depends upon industry’s standard and sales margin.
- Sales Funnel: – You can track sales funnel if you are using different steps of online selling like shopping cart, check out, credit card info and address. Sales funnel is very useful for the ecommerce sites as it provide the step by step information.
3. Check the View of the Goals on the Dashboard
The above image is showing how your goal reports appear after completion of the entries. Using this you can easily track the conversion rate i.e. visitors to your site.
So, these are all about the tracking of Organic Conversions using Google Analytics. You must understand the all carefully before starting the campaign. Your opinion is necessary in the matter. Do not forget to place your comments. All the best.