Local businesses are in a highly competitive era to sustain and make prosperity in local businesses. Many multinational firms are stressing over local SEO due to the emergence of mobile search. Now users are finding support from a nearby client. So, local SEO has become the core theme of better business. The users on the mobile technology always prefer for localized search. If your site cannot take the opportunity, there must be downfall. Though local businesses have more knowledge about the customer interactions than the national firms, they need to adopt the tactics of the renowned businesses that they will also get a better exposure. To get viable and potential traffic blog content is a great element, but how the content will be able to take the goal. Here, I have framed some tips for local audiences.
- Make a List of your Local Search Queries: - Before you start optimizing content, just make a tour of your targeted keywords. The checkpoint is if your targeted keywords are adding local value to your business or not. If your keyword is not optimized on the basis of locality or place, there will be least local traffic.
- Link your Product/Services with Locale: - In most of the blog posts there are instances about the product or services without mentioning the location. In many cases I have seen that product or service has been optimized for search, but the locale is also very important to get the local traffic. If your targeted Keywords are not matched locale, how you can achieve local traffic.
- Engage Local Events: - Participation in the local communities can prove success in the local business empire. If you have sponsored an event on a blog it may go wide. The photos and posts will bring more exposure in the locale. By sponsoring local events you may gain potential inbound links. Frequent follow up of some local events like conferences, business association, sports, and cultural events may bring you more opportunity to expose your business locally.
- Seasonal Tactics are Useful: - Every location has its own trend and these trends have a special impact over local users. Suppose you are offering for Yoga classes. In winter the necessity of yoga is high due to muscles inactivity than summer. So, winter will be the best time to promote your brand. You may revise the keywords on such specific season including some relevant search that will result a fruitful local search response.
- Seasonal Local Search based Content: - Most of the people try to make the purchase from a nearby store. These products mostly include the daily or seasonal needs. In summer there is a high demand of air conditioner and its maintenance service. So, if there is a reference of a good local store or a service centre, the content will get importance in the local search. Suppose your target market is Florida, so, an interesting topic may be “which is best air conditioner store in Florida” or “Where you will get a better AC servicing”.
- Sharing of Activities in Local Communities: - It has been found that local businesses are keener to local communities than the national businesses. These local businesses like to be involved in professional and personal interests. Such involvement in a local community or blog raises the exposure of the respective firm to the local users. Participating and sharing of local trendy topics are great ways to be the centre of attraction.
- Involvement of Experts and a Worthy Discussion: - If you have a service of physiotherapy you can manage a conversation between you and a local doctor. When this conversation gets a post, both businesses can get the exposure. This type of content has several outcomes. You are providing valuable content for your clients and with the medical assistance you can attract them closer. Your brand is also exploring through the same. The most important thing is that you are getting mutual referrals. Whenever there is a search with name of the respective doctor or clinic, your interview post will get the place in the search result. So, this type of engagement and blog post is not only for the exposure, you are linking with other businesses shorting up their domain’s authority.
- Use the Platform of Social Media: - You may have used the paid channels of advertising, but have you thought about the social channels? Yes, these social networking sites have proved best efficiency to promote a blog content or product promotion exclusively free of cost. Placing content on social media like Facebook or Twitter can reach the best extent of visitors. So try to write quality blog posts and use the platforms like Google+, Facebook, Twitter or Linked In to catch the attention of the local as well as wide users.
Hashtag has become the identifying mark of social media content. To make your reach more specific and relevant to the local targeted area you should use location based hashtags. If you are serving fruit juice in Miami than the tweet will be “delicious and energetic drinks#Miami.” Not only for the tweeter hashtag, but you must go with the same process on Facebook or Google+ fan pages. It will generate location specific exposure.
- Think about your Audience Instead of SEO: - You should not write your blog content in purpose of SEO, but think about your audience. If your content is not appreciated by your existing users and have not been shared, how you will get new visitors and customers. So, try to write quality content and place the options that your regular readers can easily share the same through social media or other channels.
By Professional qualification a Computer Engineer, By Profession an Online Marketing Strategist and Web Application Development Expert, By Industry position working as a CEO at Zebra Techies Solution!